Thursday, February 25, 2010

How long is 'awhile'?

It has been months since I posted but, in all fairness, those months are some of the busiest of the year. I have been writing blogs in my head. Whenever something noteworthy happens I think about how I'll blog it. Like most things in my life, it stays a thought instead of an action. Here are some of the blog ideas I had:
Swine Flu: got it. this was way back when the epidemic was thriving. my symptoms were so vague I didn't know I had it until I started to cough. other than that it was extreme fatigue, chills but not fever, and very achy. it lasted two weeks. My husband and I shared this illness literally at the same time. Within minutes of each other we would get the same symptoms. it became laughable and is the most insync we've been our entire relationship. :)It was not the horrible illness the news made it out to be, although I admit I know several who had it worse than we did. The good news is - I don't have to get the shot!
The Annual Easter Egg Hunt: aka "Where did I hide those Christmas presents?" every year i search for the best hiding spots and every year I find them - and forget them. This is how Christmas lasts all year at our house. every now and then someone will say, "what's this?" and I will say, "Oh, that's where I put it. Merry Christmas." it's kind of like finding Easter candy on the 4th of July.
Counting Blessings: Thanksgiving should be an all year event too. I'm grateful for wonderful [most of the time] children, a husband who's a great provider, eyes that see, ears that hear, a body that moves with ease [most of the time] a home, my appliances, indoor plumbing, clean water, my bed and fluffy pillow, my furnace, chocolate, blue skies, white snow, green grass, multi-colored plants, sunshine, rain, books - the good kind, friends, my writing group, writing, relatives [really. i love them all - on both sides of the family] scriptures, church, opportunities, traveling, time. I could go on and on but I think you get the idea. My life is BLESSED!

there are other things I could add but this week I have been sick again and thinking is like pulling cotton threw a straw. This time it is a yucky cold. I have used up an entire box of Kleenex and the wads are every where. My kids like it when i'm this way because I am dozey and they can manipulate me very easily.
I am excited for the month of March because my favorite color is green and I get to decorate my house with it. Plus the leprachauns come visit and we get to search for a pot of gold! [it's usually made of chocolate]
we have a new computer so I am learning new functions and very soon may add photos to this blog. I can't wait. I will feel so smart.
Hopefully the luck of the Irish will be with me enough that I blog more this month.

No comments: